This week has been … well … a week. Let’s get this out of the way, so we can move on. Top five craptastic things that happened this week:
- Chris Cornell, one of the pioneers of the grunge movement (near and dear to the fiber of who I have become as an adult) passed away. It was ruled death by hanging, which is being disputed by his family.
- Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey circus had their last performance on Sunday. They have been an active, touring circus for 146 years. Just think about that for a minute.
- The Saudis and Trump are apparently buddy-buddy. I don’t know exactly what the implications of that are, but I don’t think I like it.
- North Korea is all slaphappy with missles and weapons of mass distruction. Okay, maybe I didn’t read that last part. But, it’s possible.
- I still don’t have J. Gilligans’ Irish Nachos sitting in front of my face, piping hot and ready to be devoured.
Now that we have the bad out of the way, let’s focus on some positive, good things that happened this week.
- … Hold on, I’ll think of something … We are all alive! Everyone reading this has opened their eyes to another day.
- I got my mom’s website and store working. Shout out to Claudia’s Carolina Creations! There is still a long way to go, but it’s a good start!
- I found out my sister-in-law is coming out with two of my nephews, one of which I have not met yet.
- I got to hold a baby. It does the soul good.
- We were blessed, once again, by the food fairy.
Whew! It took me a few beats, but I was able to think of some good things! That goes to show you, if you try hard enough, you can find good in anything. Watch Pollyanna!
What does MommaPossum have coming up for you this week? Well, Monday is always motivation day … for all of us … so stick around to have the motivation knocked right out of you. Or knocked right in you. Or whatever. Tuesday, we may work on our Unbirthday crafts. At some point this week, I would like to do a LIVE on Facebook, and a post about our downtown. It’s a pretty small town, and the buildings hold a lot of history. So, be sure and join us for all the fun!
Be sure to follow MommaPossum on Facebook for LIVES, more motivation, fun, and plain old mindless meanderings!