It is 1:13am. I probably shouldn’t have had that cup of coffee at 12:30am. I’m a night owl anyway, so it really isn’t bizarre that I’m awake at this time. I have to get these thoughts out of my head, though, or I’m never going to get to sleep.
Where to start … LOL …
- I keep pinning recipes to Facebook, full-well knowing I’ll never look at them again! I think I’m going to do a month of suppers made from Facebook recipes I’ve pinned. My kids won’t be down with it, but I think it would be fun!
- I can’t believe the devastation in Gatlinburg. I am so thankful that downtown survived relatively unscathed, but I am heartbroken about the rest of it. To think, we were JUST there. The balcony where Nat sat looking at the view of the downtown below is now gone. The fall leaves I took pictures of have burned. The Highlands have been gutted. Hundreds of people lost everything. At last count, 13 people had lost their lives. Devastating. It happened so fast! I am, however, so happy to see the area coming together as a community to help. I wish there were more I could do!
- I believe there are angels that walk among us. I also believe God whispers to people, even though they may be oblivious. I can not tell you how many times we’ve been helped, in the last six months, when I was ready to throw in the towel. I don’t want to call anyone out, in case they want to remain anonymous, but I have GREAT friends! I’ve made great friends through this ordeal! Friends of friends have come through for us, not even knowing they were helping. It may have been something physical, like food, or it may have been through a post on Facebook that seemed random, but was exactly what I needed to hear at that moment.
- Also, all I can wear, basically, is leggings, and I’ve even had people come through with that!!
- Which leads me to my next point … I tried to wear jeans for the first time in six months. It did NOT go well. Not only did I not have full range of motion (😊), but the texture on my left leg was unbearable. It is really hard to describe my post-stroke sensory issues. The strokes affected my right side, but I have numb feeling on my left side and right face. It has turned into a shingles-type pain if touched wrong, and jeans sent the pain into overdrive. I won’t be trying that again for awhile. Leggings it is!!
- Why do some people make BANK with direct sales companies, but I haven’t had one sale in four months selling Younique? It’s a great brand. The makeup is good quality. I feel j am utilizing social media. I watch all kinds of videos from all levels of the company to get ideas. I’m not giving up, but it’s a bit soul crushing. I just want to succeed. I want to provide a bit of income for my family. I want to give my kids a Christmas. And, heck, I just want to succeed! What am I doing wrong? What else can I try? What else should I do? This isn’t a rhetorical question. I’m genuinely asking!
- Along those same lines, I’ve been working my butt off on my mom’s bracelets. I’ve gone Live with them on Facebook, I started an Instagram site, I started a Facebook VIP site, I advertise on Facebook (Literally. I’ve paid to advertise.) … nothing. This is why I say everything I touch crumbles. I try so so hard, have the best intentions, and I think I have good ideas, but the businesses just fail. This isn’t the first time.
- I need to work on my disability. It is such a tedious process, and I need help. I hate to bother J or my dad. They have SO much else on their plates. We are about to drown though! It is just time and red tape … it’s the government.
- It’s 2:06am now, and my eyes are shutting against my will. I guess the Benadryl and Melatonin have kicked in. I best scoot before I say something really stupid!
I love you all! Hoping you have a good day. Remember to be nice, even if you don’t feel like it. Especially this time of year, people can be nasty, hateful, and mean. Please don’t be one of those people. Spread love and kindness. Let’s make the world happier one smile at a time!!